Peripheral Vision (Rated T)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peripheral Vision (Rated T)

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Yupyupyup, my first story on here! Squee! Anyways, the chapters are kinda long (o.0;;) so I'll be posting paragraphs at a time whenever I update, mmkay? Good.
I'll post my story notes first. xD

Storyline – A girl has the ability to see the future in the peripheral vision of her left eye. She has told a few people, but they disregarded her as crazy and that she was telling lies. Her friends believe her, though.

Point of view – Aster

Main Characters – Aster Claire Blaxiert, Rebecca Erin Diohuis (Reba), Rylan Tate Vrijay, and Jay Austin Braise

Side Characters – Teachers, Siblings, Parents, anyone else I care to throw in or list later on…

Setting – Wherever Aster describes she is.

Vision – Sees a murder and works with her friends to uncover whom it is and stop it.

Last edited by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

HOLLEHS: Now come tree-size!
Holleh talks hotter than the sun. ;o
Holleh is an IN-SPURR-AY-SHUN. Believe it.
She thinks an artichoke is a type of fish.
She also gives lap-dances. To beds.
Holleh can van like a man.
xStarr_x3
Elite, Supreme, Whiz, Prodigy, Super-Duper World-Class Writer

Female
Number of posts : 7005

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Re: Peripheral Vision (Rated T)

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Prologue:

“No,” I whisper, staring blankly down at the mangled body laying – bleeding and bruised – on the floor in front of me. I had worked so hard to stop this. And yet, it had happened right in front of my eyes. It couldn’t be true – I had to be dreaming. Had to be. I didn’t want it to be a dream, I needed it to be. I needed – actually, I wasn’t even quite sure of what I needed. But I knew I wanted to get away, and that worked for me. So, I got to my feet and ran, feet pounding against the wooden floor. I burst through the front door and ran through the street, unaware if anyone was giving chase or letting me escape.

Oh right – you have no clue what I’m rambling on and on about. So I’ll backtrack a month or so and start at the beginning – back to when I first had the vision that caused all of this trouble.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HS7 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Shocked

I know what happened! Someone got killed! And I bet she already knew about it!

HS7

Female
Number of posts : 13937

Points 2.0 : 11569
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:25 pm

Chapter One:

It’ll sound so cliché with I write this, but it’s true – It had been a normal day for me. The usual visions played in the peripheral of my left eye, the teacher was droning on about something no doubt boring and historical – I wouldn’t know, as I wasn’t paying attention.

Instead I was paying attention to the somewhat-more-interesting glimpses of the future that were shown to me. They were actually interesting today – and by that I mean I wasn’t getting shown glimpses of the future where people are acting all stupid and mushy with each other. Puhh-lease. Instead I was being shown stuff that could be useful, like a car chase (more then likely downtown), or some random people littering – stuff like that.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HS7 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Heh. I wish I could have something like that. But if something creepy happens, no way.

HS7

Female
Number of posts : 13937

Points 2.0 : 11569
Registration date : 2008-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:29 pm

ooc;;
Chapter two is where the creepiness kicks in, then. xD

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Chapter One Continued

“Aster,” a sharp voice cut into my thoughts, jarring me back into the real world. A narrow face was located just inches away from mine, with brown eyes framed by many wrinkles glaring icily down at me. I quickly drew the attention that had been remaining on the visions onto that face.
“Aster,” the lips – cracked and peeling – on the face spoke. I watched them move, vaguely wondering in some part of my mind if it hurt to talk with them.

“Aster, if you would care to join us in the real world, I asked you a question,” she states, moving her face away from mine. Thank gods. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to stand being breathed on by her much longer (did she brush her teeth or not?). She was, of course, still staring down at me, but I could defiantly deal with that – as I am a staring professional.

I looked up to meet her gaze, trying to keep the smirk that was dancing on my lips back. Okay, so I didn’t look her right in the eye – I never do – so instead I focused my gaze on a point just past her shoulder, where I could see Reba’s blonde head bobbing as she scribbled furiously on her notepad, probably taking advantage of where the teacher left off to finish writing her notes. I almost laughed – typical Reba to blow stuff off until the last second and then scramble to catch up.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Chapter one continued

“I asked you a question,” the teacher repeats, “Are you going to answer it?” I looked up. Crap. I didn’t even know what she had asked me. “Uhm... The Great Depression?” I answer somewhat hopefully, trying to keep a waver out of my voice. It was bad enough to get in trouble with the teacher, but it was even worse to show even a hint of (if you could even call it this) fear.

I watched her visibly sigh, and I imagined steam coming out of her ears. My left eye felt as if it was straying and I struggled to keep it from watching the visions. I didn’t want Ms. Z (her last name is too long and troublesome to say, more or less write) to notice, as she would tell the nurse, the nurse would tell my parents, my parents would take me to the eye doctor, the eye doctor would give me glasses that won’t work for me, and so on and so forth.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:02 pm

Chapter Two:

I couldn’t control my left eye much longer, I knew it. So I looked down, trying to appear as if I was concentrating on the notes I had been taking. Well, problem there. I hadn’t been taking any notes. And she noticed. But, thankfully, when she was reprimanding me, I was lost in a vision.

A dark room appeared in my peripheral, steadily getting closer as my attention slid from Ms. Z to it. The room was dimly lit by candles placed around the room at common intervals and the large fireplace at the northern end. I couldn’t hear anything – not even the crackle and pop of the fire as it dances in the fireplace.
As if a sound switch had suddenly been pulled, sound floods through the room. Some of it I ignored, plainly because it was useless as to what was happening around me. I couldn’t understand anything being said by the two voices I could hear. After a moment, the voices ceases and I heard the trigger of a gun being pulled.
Oh gods, no. I thought to myself, putting the pieces of the puzzle together. A loud scream came from the gun as the hot metal was forced through the barrel and then out into the air. It whistled through the air for merely a second before landing with a dull thud and a terrifying loud wailing that was quickly silenced – by knife? – and then all was quiet. I listen for a second, trying to hear anything else that may be useful.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlite Knight on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:31 pm

Wow, creepy. This is really good in my opinion. Great job!

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤~ Join the Kingdom of Darkness, or this shall be your fate.~¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤
Moonlite Knight
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 2031

Points 2.0 : 469
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1221019/Moonlite_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:49 pm

Thanks!

I pulled myself quickly out of the vision, shuddering as I did so and hoping the others wouldn’t see. I take a sharp intake of breath, trying to decipher what I’d just witnessed. Now I bet you’re all screaming at the page as you read this, but I truly did not understand what had just happened – until later, anyways, when I explained it to my tight circle of friends who are the only people who believe me.

Gulping a few times, I looked upwards, peering out from behind strands of my slightly curly brown hair. She’s frowning at me. Crap, that’s not good at all. Everyone knows to stay away from her in a bad mood – and from the looks of it, I’m the cause of the bad mood. Apparently while I had been watching the blood-curling vision, I had been getting in trouble. Great, just what I needed. What a great freaking day I was having. “Yes ma’am,” I reply. She turns away slowly, appearing to be unsatisfied with my answer, as she walks back to the front of the room, her shoes tapping on the school’s tile floor.

“Now,” she casts a gaze around the classroom. “Where was I?” A few of the kids glance about uneasily, unsure if they want to tell her or not. I don’t blame them, because normally whoever tells the teacher ends up getting shunned by the rest of us. I slid my hand up to my mouth, smirking. I have a stupid teacher – the bell rang a few seconds after that. So she had spent most of the class screaming at me. Interesting.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:14 am

Chapter Three:
As the bell rang, everyone got up and swarmed through the door to head home, leaving me sitting alone in the empty classroom. I watch Ms. Z approach; the same old limp in her gait and the glare from earlier back and gleaming wickedly in her brown eyes. She’s an old teacher, I guess being around 73 or so. I have no clue as to why she isn’t retired, and I have no wishes of asking her to find out.

“Aster, you’ve been having problems lately.” Oh crap. Not the why-don’t-you-tell-me-what’s-wrong? Speech again. Didn’t I get that speech enough? No, apparently not if I even had to go through it had school! I was getting a little pissed, so I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. “Would you tell me what’s wrong?” See. I told you it was that speech. “Nothings wrong,” I heard myself say. She looks at me with a cross-eyed expression, probably seeing through my lie.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 pm

Chapter Three Continued

“Aster, you know you can tell me what’s wrong.” I don’t bother listening to her anymore, I’ve heard this so many times I could repeat it in my sleep if I really wanted to. “I know,” I responded. Adults always liked to hear that come from a teenager, right? Wrong. “Aster, don’t give me the ‘I know’ stuff. Now, tell me what’s wrong?” Oh gods. She actually wants me to tell her? As if! “I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep lately,” I lie, doing my best “I’m tired” impression. She just blinks, like she had been expecting me to argue with her. “Well, if you’re sure...” “I am.” “Then you can go.” Finally!

I get up, snatching my backpack from the back of my chair before running out of the classroom and out of the school. I (literally) ran into Reba and my other friends. “Smooth as usual,” Rylan comments, catching my arm as I trip over his foot. I gave him a wry smile, not bothering to answer. Reba probably already told them all about what had happened in History today, so I wouldn’t have to repeat it, thankfully.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:05 pm

End Chapter Three

I shake my arm loose from his grip, looking at the others. “Reba tell you what happened?” I question, wanting to be positive before I tell them what I had saw. I see a grin crack on every face as they nod or throw a casual “yeah” my way. “Good,” they look at me like I’m crazy. “Reba said it looked bad from the way you shuddered,” Jay commented. Good ole Jay just having to bring that up. “Well... It was. But can we talk about this later? At my house? Please?”

They all glanced at me, probably a bit puzzled why I was requesting this. Normally I didn’t care where I told them about my visions (as long as no one could overhear, that is). But this time was different. I had witnessed something truly and utterly bad. It wasn’t something to be taken lightly, either.

After glancing around at each other uneasily, they agreed – as long as I bought the popcorn tonight when we went to the movies. Hey, it was Friday and they had no clue what they were agreeing to, so you can’t blame them.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RitsukaofLoveless on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Cool. You write really well, Starr. *smiles*
RitsukaofLoveless

Male
Number of posts : 933

Points 2.0 : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-26

View user profile http://2bagen.myminicity.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Chapter Four

I walked home from school with them. They seemed as happy and cheerful as ever, while I trailed along in the back, scuffing my feet against the ground with every step I took. Up ahead, Rylan stopped until he was behind the others and walking by me. “Is it really that bad?” he asked, his facial expression worried. I nodded, watching the ground. He nodded, more to himself than to me, I suppose, and continued to walk alongside me.

“Yo, slow pokes!” Reba’s voice came from up ahead. Oh gods, were Reba and Jay really at my house already when we were still two blocks away? Dang. They must be extremely fast walkers – or they ran. Either way works, as I wasn’t up for figuring out which they had done at the moment. I shot Rylan a look. He had been looking ahead, while I had been looking at the ground, and he hadn’t told me we had gotten so far behind? “Jerk,” I told him, lightly shoving him. He just grinned and shook his head. Typical guy language for “I really didn’t feel like bothering you, even if I am one of your best friends.”

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RitsukaofLoveless on Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 pm

*grins* Cool. Same with this one.
RitsukaofLoveless

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:39 am

“Race ya,” I muttered under my breath, hoping he would hear it, and broke into a long-legged run. It was fairly simple to beat Rylan, as I had the head start and slimmer build that would give me more speed, while he was somewhat stockier then me and muscled.

Running past Reba and Jay, I slammed into the front door. So it hadn’t been open after-all. Those jerks – Oh wait. I had the house key and nobody else was home. Stupid me. Quickly, I reached into my pocket and drew out the key, watching it glisten in the light for a moment before sticking it into the hole on the doorknob and turning it. Hearing a faint “click” I pulled out the key and commenced to open the door. “Make yourselves at home,” I told them, watching them dump their backpacks and other crap on the floor. They kept their shoes on though – no need to take them off now if you’re just going to put them on later, right?
_______
I have the next chapter written, but then I'm at a writer's block. Hmm... Oh! -magic idea-

Last edited by xStarr_x3 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RitsukaofLoveless on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 am

This sounds interesting.
RitsukaofLoveless

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 am

END CHAPTER FOUR

While Rylan was in the kitchen getting a drink, I had Jay and Reba sit on the couch, facing me as I sat on the floor. “Come on, Rye,” Reba shouted, causing Jay to snicker at her use of his nickname. “Aster has to tell us something!” Jeezum, she just got straight to the point, didn’t she? I smirked at the back of Reba’s blonde head, looking all the more whiter next to Jay’s black hair and green eyes.

Finally, Rylan was on the couch with the others. It had taken him long enough. I mean, jeezum, how long does it take someone to drink a glass of water? No, wait, don’t answer that. After making sure I had their attention, I told them in small whispers what I had seen earlier.

They stared at me, Reba in shock while Jay and Rylan are dumbfounded. I snickered at their expressions, and pointed to Jay and imitated his facial features. That snapped them out of it. “Dang,” Reba stated. Massive understatement.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:39 am

START CHAPTER FIVE

“So?” I questioned, trying to lighten up the mood I had created. I didn’t like being the source of negative karma – or in this case, all the attention focused on me and my visions.

Reba grins, “I know what you saw!” she exclaims, drawing all the attention of off myself. Thank gods; I wasn’t sure how much longer I would have lasted until I cracked. “Yeah?” I ask. “Yeah,” Reba replies, turning her head to Jay. “I think you saw me killing him for bugging me.” I smirk, watching Jay poke her in the side. “I’m not bugging you,” he replied earnestly, trying to keep his face calm. I watched them bicker for a moment, before cutting them off. “Okay then, anyone else have an idea of what my vision was?” Rylan raises his hand. Crap. He was, and is, the serious one out of the group.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RitsukaofLoveless on Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:34 pm

This sounds good.
RitsukaofLoveless

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:54 pm

END CHAPTER FIVE

“I think you witnessed a murder, like in the movies,” Rylan suggested darkly. My grin turns into a grimace at the word. Murder. Can you even imagine such a thing as disgusting as that? Even the word itself sounds dirty and bloodthirsty. Ugh. No wonder it gives people the chills whenever it’s mentioned.

“Yeah?” I ask, “You positive of that, Mr. Rye?” Again, me trying to lighten up the mood and failing miserably. He nods briefly, his face thoughtful. Great. He’s being serious instead of fooling around like the other two – which I would have preferred at the moment, as it would have made me feel tons better about this whole situation. “But I’m not positive.” Thank gods! If he were positive, I have no clue what I would have done. I nod at him, grinning weakly. “Good,” I tell them, sinking back on the cream-colored carpet.

Rylan watches me, brown eyes solemn. He doesn’t say anything, but merely turns his attention to Reba and Jay poking each other next to him. Apparently they hadn’t been paying attention to the last few minutes of what had been going on. I shook my head at their behavior. Those morons. Reba, probably feeling our eyes on her, looks up. “So when’re we going to hit the movies?” she questions, pointing outside. “It’s getting dark.”

I brought up one shoulder, and then let it drop back down in a half-hearted shrug. “I guess,” I muttered under my breath, watching everyone’s faces turn from downcast to glee. “Yes!” Jay shouted, jumping off the couch and punching his fists in the air like a five-year-old. I gave him a wry smile, deciding to ignore him and turning to the others. “So… what do we want to see?” I question, pointing at the TV in the room. “Or we could choose one of my DVDs and stay here…”

To my surprise, Rylan and Jay wanted to stay at my house, while Reba still wanted to go to the movies. Even after she was out-numbered and there was nothing she wanted to see that was playing.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by RitsukaofLoveless on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Cool.
RitsukaofLoveless

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 pm

Chapter Six:

After picking out some random movie from our DVD collection, we settled down on the couch, listening to the popcorn, well, pop in the microwave. I was squished next to Rylan and Reba, while Jay was next to Reba and holding a pillow in his lap. Why was he holding a pillow? I don’t know, nor do I care. Heck, I didn’t even know which movie we were going to watch, as they hadn’t let me see. Those jerks. And I was probably next to Rylan for a reason too. Again, those jerks.

The popcorn stopped and the microwave let out its shrill cry that our food was done. Jay went to grab it, returning with a blue plastic bowl in hand. He handed it off to Reba and myself, as we were sitting in the middle. Rylan reached over me, grabbing a handful and popping it into his mouth. I made a face at him, swatting his hand away as he came back for more.

xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content