Seven Wonders of Ancient World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seven Wonders of Ancient World

Post by jeberexa on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Part 1

Dr. Seleukos paced the room, his slender fingers tapping the cold metal of his walkie-talkie. Everything seemed to be going just as planned, of course, he did have the Stree Brothers working on it. Boy, they were the amazing.
A long time ago, in his childhood, the doctor had always dreamed of visiting the seven wonders of the ancient world. Now his dream was almost complete, in a sense. He had pursued classics and ancient history in college, and now was a professor at Princeton. After a few years of teaching and publishing, an amazing group of brothers called the Strees had invented an amazing virtual reality machine. They claimed, with this machine, they could re-create anything possible, from the past or present.

So for a few years, Dr. Seleukos had dreamed. And invented. Could it be possible, taking historical knowledge and imagination to re-create the fabled seven wonders of the ancient world? By the time he had turned 39 and been appointed Head of Classical Studies, he dreamed no more. A quick call to the Stree Brothers Hotline had changed everything.

Now, after another three years of persistent study and a team of historians, architects, and various professors from around the world, Dr. Seleukos’s dream was about to come true. Three more hours, said the Head Correspondent. Only three more hours.

Just because you don't take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -Pericles
jeberexa

Male
Number of posts : 298

Points 2.0 : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile http://www.kidpolitic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Seven Wonders of Ancient World

Post by BPahl88 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:12 pm

Very neat beginning. And you left on a cliffhanger. Darn it! Hurry up and make part 2!! I'm anxious! Very Happy
BPahl88
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Male
Number of posts : 3342

Points 2.0 : 2196
Registration date : 2008-05-19

View user profile http://writersclubforum.lightbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlite Knight on Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:25 am

Awesome beginning! I really can't wait to read more! I think you're doing a great job so far, no spelling errors that I saw, or any grammer mistakes Very Happy

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤~ Join the Kingdom of Darkness, or this shall be your fate.~¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤
Moonlite Knight
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 2031

Points 2.0 : 469
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1221019/Moonlite_Knight

Back to top Go down

Part 2

Post by jeberexa on Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Part 2

*******************************3 Hours Later******************************

Dr. Seleukos sat in the control room, watching the four telecommunicators as the Ready buttons flashed before his eyes. So far, though, only two out of the four heads heads alerted him. The Custodian Department, of course, and the Texture Department. The Projector Head and Stree Brothers remained.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Dr. Seleukos, Projector Department reporting. All systems are go," exclaimed a somewhat excited Professor Wilson.

"Okay, we're now just waiting for the Stree Brothers to reply," replied the Head of the Classics Department.

Even though he was acting clam, Dr. Seleukos couldn't wait. His whole life, right in front of him! It all just relied on one, just one, more department....

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Professor Seleukos, sir, Stree Brothers reporting. All systems are ready for re-creation. Shall we begin?" said one of Stree brothers. (Dr. Seleukos still couldn't recognize them, they looked so much alike!)

"Begin."

Dr. Seleukos watched in amazement from the control room as the virtual Seven Wonders of the Ancient World begin to appear. First the three-dimesional projectors fired up, illuminating the Temple of Artemis. The Lighthouse of Alexandria followed, succeeded by the Pyramid of Giza. Next the Mausoleum of Maussollos at Halicarnassus appeared, the Statue of Zeus closely behind. Lastly, the Colossus of Rhodes appeared simultaneously next to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Next the Texture-fiers fired up, shooting laser light right into the seven wonders. Immediately the projector light brightened, and the sounds began to set in. Finally, the light from the Lighthouse of Alexandria illuminated the room, and virtual water began to pour over the Hanging Gardens.

Like a zombie, Dr. Seleukos stepped out of his chair and walked over to the door leading to the room that housed the seven wonders.

Before opening the door, he took a deep breath.

Could this really be happening?

Just because you don't take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -Pericles
jeberexa

Male
Number of posts : 298

Points 2.0 : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-18

View user profile http://www.kidpolitic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top