Rumpulsitlskin retold

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rumpulsitlskin retold

Post by ross007@comcast.net on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:18 am

Rumpelstilskin, a fairytale retold Ross Birdsong
Due: April 3, 2008
Reading 6th period

Once in a far off kingdom there was a miller, a miller’s daughter, a greedy king, and a little man this is the story of how they all end up in one fairytale.

A very long time ago there was a miller who wanted to be in good representation in the eyes of the king. So he told the king “my daughter can weave ordinary straw into coins of gold.” The king was delighted at the thought of a person weaving gold but also troubled on whether or not the miller’s daughter could weave gold. So he called the miller’s daughter to his villa. He then said “If you can weave this straw to gold I will let you live.” But of course the poor miller’s daughter could not really weave gold, and so she cried and wept and wondered what it would be like to die. But as she was cried a little man turned to her and said “Little miller’s daughter do not cry I can weave straw to gold but I will need something in return.” So she gave him her ring and all the straw was turned to gold. The king was amazed and stuck her in a bigger room and again she sobbed. The man appeared this time again and granted her wish in return for her necklace. Once again the king told her to get in a bigger room but this if she weaved all this he would marry her. She cried and sobbed, then the stranger appeared and said “I will trade my service for something of value.” “But I have nothing to give,” Said the miller’s daughter. “I will take your firstborn and make it my son or daughter,” Replied the little man. After awhile she agreed to give up her first born son or daughter. Nine months later her baby was stolen in the middle of the night. The miller’s daughter knew it had to be the little old man. So she got all of the gold he had weaved and made a baby and mirror. The hardest part was finding where he lived, but it was not that hard to find since a path to the house led straight through the forest. Next it was night time and she was about to switch the babies except when getting to the bedroom there was an enchanted door and said “state the master’s name or you shall not enter.” The daughter had happened upon a poem in the forest and it reads “ Rumpelstilskin Rumpelstilskin you come in the night Rumpelstilskin Rumpelstilskin you give us great fright Rumpelstilskin Rumpelstilskin why do you cause us such plight.” So she said Rumpelstilskin and the door cracked open. She tip- toed in and saw Rumpelstilskin asleep and just as she reached in to steal the baby his eyes flashed open with rage. “I have spun gold only to by deceived now you shall turn to gold.” The little man lunged at her and the miller’s daughter pulled out the mirror turning the little man into gold himself. She took her baby and left and since that day the miller’s daughter and the baby lived together happily.
ross007@comcast.net
Learning Writer

Male
Number of posts : 12

Points 2.0 : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rumpulsitlskin retold

Post by ross007@comcast.net on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:21 am

If you were wondering im the same person as harry's friend this is my stuff
ross007@comcast.net
Learning Writer

Male
Number of posts : 12

Points 2.0 : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel on Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:23 am

I've never read or really heard of Rumpulstilskin, but you wrote an interesting story. It was a little like a fairy tale, i thought it was cool! Very Happy
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlite Knight on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:21 am

I love fairy tales. Nice retelling Very Happy

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤~ Join the Kingdom of Darkness, or this shall be your fate.~¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤
Moonlite Knight
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 2031

Points 2.0 : 469
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1221019/Moonlite_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content