Samantha Brown

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Samantha Brown

Post by sweetkiss on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:40 am

So, I wrote this because I was bored...

Chapter One: School...
Samantha Brown lives in one of the toughest neighborhoods in New York City. She lives there with her mom and her brother. Her brother James isn't one of those perfect little angels every mother dreams about. He has been in and out of jail, has been expelled from 3 different schools (one of the schools, Bell View High, is where Samantha is going to go for her freshmen year). Samantha is getting tired of everyone thinking shes going to be just like her brother, which Sam has swore that she would never be like her brother, ever! But little did she know she was more like her brother than she thought.
"Mom, do I really have to go to school?" asked Sam "I'm so sick of people comparing me to James."
"I love you too sis" laughed James as he came out from his room for breakfast.
"Well I'm sorry, it’s just everywhere I go people think I'm going to be the trouble maker"
"Sam stop making your brother feel bad, you really need to think positive" Sam's mother was trying to make everything better for her two children. Ever since her husband died there life wasn't that easy.
"But Mom, once they read 'Brown' they ask me the same question "Are you related to James Brown?", once I hear that I know they assume that I'm going to be the worst kid out of 2,000" Sam really was getting tired of people comparing her to James.
"Sam everything will be alright, I promise." Sam's mother explained "Now go get ready for school. The bus will be here in an hour."

Once the bus came, it had to be the hardest for Sam to leave the house. On the bus it was even harder for her to find a seat, then someone in the back of the bus called her name.
"Sam over here." said the mysterious voice.
"Um, ok" replied Sam
"Hi, I'm Ashley, James friend, he told me about you and that you were coming this year," explained Ashley "he asked me if I could watch over you and make sure you were ok"
"That sounds like James." laughed Sam "How did you know I was his sister?"
"You look exactly alike"
"Oh really, I don't think so"
"Wow, cause you too look like twins"
"Well, he's two years older than I am, but whatever"
"So, for the next couple days I'll be watching you, making sure you can get you're way around. Ok?"
"That’s alright I guess"
"Cool, now we are about to stop at my friends bus stop so if you could like scoot over a bit. Or maybe you could move up a row?" asked Ashley.
"Sure, why not." said Sam rolling her eyes.
"Awesome!"

Last edited by sweetkiss on Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sweetkiss
Writing Whiz

Female
Number of posts : 214

Points 2.0 : 0
Registration date : 2008-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Samantha Brown

Post by sweetkiss on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:41 am

Chapter 2: Meeting the teachers…
The bus ride was the worst ever! No one talked to Sam, which made her very uncomfortable, even Ashley ignored her once all her friends came on the bus. Sam hated it more when she got to school she had no idea where to go. Then a familiar voice came from no where, “SAM! Over here” yelled Ashley.
“Thank you, I was so lost,” laughed Sam.
“I noticed that, now who’s you’re first period teacher?” asked Ashley.
“I thought that we went to homeroom first?” Sam was confused.
“Honey, this isn’t elementary school,” chuckled Ashley
Sam, still shocked that Ashley called her honey, handed Ashley her schedule. “Oh that really sucks, you got Ms. Sleeper, she’s so mean”
“Oh, that’s grate to hear”
“Everyone that has gone through her class has been suspended at least 3 times.”
“That’s comforting. Did she have James?”
“I think so, maybe that’s why he got expelled”
“Well anyone that got my brother expelled, I have a problem with”
“That’s true, but luckily for you, you only have her for 10 minutes.” Ashley laughed and directed Sam to her class.
“First period: Mr. Cantrell for language arts; then to Ms. Sleeper for homeroom” thought Sam “then second period: Ms. Johnson for math; next to lunch; then off to third period: Mr.” her thoughts were interrupted by the teacher yelling her name.
“Ms. Brown, are you related to James Brown?” asked Mr. Cantrell hoping that there was no relation.
Here we go again, now I’m going to be judged, “Yes, he’s my brother” said Sam rolling her eyes.
“Oh, ok” sighed Mr. Cantrell.
“Is there a problem?” asked Sam before she realized what she was saying.
“Excuse me?” Mr. Cantrell was remembering James “We will talk about this after class”
“Alright fine” Sam was getting annoyed about the whole ‘comparing’ thing and it was only first period.
Class was dismissed and Sam was left in her seat awaiting her speech from Mr. Cantrell. “Now Samantha, I really don’t think your like you’re brother. But today when you were sarcastic with me, it reminded me of him” explained Mr. Cantrell “I need to know are you like your brother or not?”
“Ok, so he’s trying to lecture me about not being like my brother, which I know for a fact I’m nothing like him. I think” thought Sam “Well, I don’t think I’m like him. I haven’t done anything like him, or acted like him”
“This morning you reminded me of him”
“I’m sorry about that, I really didn’t know what came over me” explained Sam “I’m never like that, I swear”
“Alright I’ll take your word for it. Only because I don’t know you very well.”
“I guess that’s ok.”
“Now here’s a pass for you to go to homeroom, you’re already 5 minutes late” said Mr. Cantrell writing the time and date on a wrinkled piece of paper.
“Thank you.”

Sam arrived to Ms. Sleeper’s class 3 minutes before homeroom was over. “Where have you been? Miss..” her voice faded away as she read the only name that hasn’t checked in with her “Oh, your Miss. Brown, please have a seat, your in desk 10”
“Um, thank you, oh here’s a pass from Mr. Cantrell” said Sam handing Ms. Sleeper the pass.
“Thank you, your different from your brother, you actually get a pass”
“Whatever” whispered Sam walking to her seat.
sweetkiss
Writing Whiz

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetkiss on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Chapter 3: Tough situations…
Sitting next to her was a guy named Max Davidson; he was the only person to talk to Sam today, except Mr. Cantrell. “Hey you look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?” asked Max staring at Sam.
“Um, I don’t think so, you might know my brother” Sam was happy; someone was finally talking to her, “his name is James”
“James Brown?” asked Max.
“Yes, you know him?”
“Ya, we were really good friends, but then I failed, and he got expelled, and now I really don’t talk to him that much anymore.”
“Oh, well he doesn’t talk a lot anymore, I don’t know why.”
“I couldn’t tell you why.”
“Max, Samantha be quiet now!” yelled Ms. Sleeper.
“I see why James hated her” whispered Sam.
“That’s probably true” laughed Max.

Next period was Ms. Johnson, I heard she wasn’t so bad, but you never know. “Hey Max, you know where Ms. Johnson’s class is?” questioned Sam
“Ya go down this hall way, and she’s the third door on the right, I think” replied Max
“Thank you so much!”
“No problem, anything for a Brown” laughed Max. Sam walked down the hall way looking for Ms. Johnson’s class room when she heard her name being called over the intercom “Samantha Brown please report to the main office. Samantha Brown please report to the main office” screamed the perky lady over the intercom.
“What now. Do they want to give me another lecture about how ‘not’ to be like James?” thought Sam. She made her way to the office with 10 peoples help, surprisingly she saw James in the office. Something was different about him; he looked like someone died or something. “Hey James, why are you here?” Sam was concerned when she saw the look in James’s eyes.
“Sam we need to leave now” James voice was shaky; Sam had never seen him like this before.
“James what’s wrong?”
“I’ll explain in the car. We need to leave before it’s too late” James grabbed Sam by the arm and pulled her to his Chevrolet Camaro which was sitting outside, “Sam, moms been shot” James voice receded with every word “She was walking to her car from the grocery store, and someone shot her right below her heart. Its amazing that she’s even alive”
Sam’s heart sank; her mother was all she had. And now if she lost her mom, then Sam’s life would be over, “Wait what? Do we know who did it? Will she be ok? Is she..” Sam was cut off by her brother.
“Sam, I don’t think she will live”
“What” Sam was now slipping into depression, and slowly slipping out of conciseness.
“Sam stay with me, we need to go see her”
Sam couldn’t reply. She wanted to, but her lips weren’t moving.
“She’s in ICU right now the doctors are doing all they can for her,” James was trying to calm his sister down “We need to be strong when we go in there, which means no crying. It’s going to be hard for me and you to do that but we need to stay strong ok”
All Sam could do was shake her head yes, and then she curled up into a ball and cried all the way to the hospital.
sweetkiss
Writing Whiz

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken Heart on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:25 pm

I like it! But it needs some work
Keep writing!! \m/(>.<)\m/
Broken Heart
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 1245

Points 2.0 : 549
Registration date : 2008-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 017350 on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Whoa! Awesome plot! Awesome grammar! Awesome spelling! A 10/10 story!
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 659

Points 2.0 : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-07

View user profile http://writersclubforum.lightbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetkiss on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Chapter 4: Saying goodbye…
James and Sam arrived to the hospital in 10 minutes, only because James was driving 40 miles per hour over the spend limit. James parked as close as he could, and they both ran towards the doors. Sam was wiping the tears from her eyes. But then she looked into through a glass window where she saw her mother in a hospital bed with machines all around her, wires all over her chest and head. Sam just stopped and wept.
“Sam we need to get in there and see her” James felt so bad for his sister, she never really knew her father, he left when she was 5; her mom was all she had.
“James I can’t go in there, I might start crying”
“We need to be strong for her, she needs us right now. Please calm yourself down.”
“I’ll try”
Sam went into the room where her mother laid. Lifeless. She looked so peaceful laying there sleeping. Sam couldn’t contain her feelings like her brother; she lay next to her mother and stroked her think brown hair. Trying to figure out why this is all happening, Sam just couldn’t contain her emotions anymore. She got up from her mothers side, and ran out of the hospital.
“SAM!! COME BACK” James yelled but he knew there was no way he would be getting his sister back and still be next to his mom. James leans over his mother and gave her a kiss on the forehead and ran out after his sister. “Sam we need to stay with mom” James yelled standing outside looking for his sister “Sam, where are you?”
“I’m going to find who ever shot mom, even if it kills me!” yelled Sam from nowhere.
“Where are you Sam, you can’t go anywhere alone in this part of town. You know that!” James was looking franticly for his little sister, if something happened to her James would have no reason to live.
“Then come on, I’m over by the car”
James ran to where his little sister was standing, what was weird about this was all the hate in Sam’s eyes. James had never seen her like this; he’s seen her mad, but never this much hate. “Sam, we need to stay with mom until we know she will be ok. Then we can go kill somebody”
“But James, by then the person who shot her could be long gone”
“Well, that’s a risk we need to take. Our mom needs us, so let’s go inside”
“But James”
“NO BUTS! Our mother needs us Sam; this might be the last time that we’re all together, so get you butt in there before I carry you inside”
Sam thought about fighting with her brother but she knew that she wouldn’t win, so she went inside and laid next to her mother.
“James, look at her, she looks so peaceful” this is the only thing Sam has said in 3 hours.
“I know; why don’t you come and lay down in this chair?” James was worried about his sister.
“NO! I’m going to stay here next to mom”
“Ok, but you need to get out of the way of the doctors when they come in here”
“No, they can work around me”
“Sam if you want what’s best for mom then you will get out of the doctors way”
“Alright fine, but there not in here yet so I’m staying right here!”
“That’s fine” James really didn’t want Sam right next to his mother, he wanted her next to him. Comforting him. But there was no way that Sam was moving from her mother’s side.

“Excuse me are you Emma Browns children?” asked the doctor standing in the door way.
“Yes we are, is everything alright?” asked James ignoring the stare from the doctor towards his sister.
“Is there anyone else that can be here? How old are you two?” asked the doctor.
“I’m 18 and Sam is 16. Now doctor please tell me about my mother”
“I think you should come outside”
“No, he can stay in here and I want to hear everything from you. Not my brother, I can handle it” Sam yelled
“Sam no need to be rude” James was giving his little sister the stare of death which was scarier than it sounded.
“James she’s my mother too, and I want to hear everything from him”
“You sure little girl?”
“Yes, I’m sure” Sam said ignoring the little girl comment.
“Alright then. I’m Dr. Smithson the head of ICU and I will be taking care...” his words were cut off by Sam, “I really don’t care who you are, how successful you are as a doctor or anything else that doesn’t involve my mothers health. Now please Dr. Smithson, tell me about my mother.” Sam was always known for her attitude when she was in tough situations.
“SAM! Be nice to the doctor” snapped James.
Sam glared at him for a couple seconds then apologized to the doctor.
“You’re mothers condition is stable at the moment. But that doesn’t mean it will be for long, she was shot right below the left ventricle its amazing that she’s still alive.”
Sam got up from her mothers side and went next to James, and clinched his hand. “We will be monitoring her the next couple days. Coming in every couple hours to make sure she is still stable. Is there anyone you can call, because we don’t allow children under the age of 18 to stay over night.” The doctor hoped he didn’t have to see the little brat (Sam) every time he came in to check up on their mother’s condition.
“No, the closest people in our family, lives in Dublin, Ireland. And that’s about an 11 hour flight.”
“Alright then, well she can’t stay here” said Dr. Smithson.
“Oh really, well are you going to be responsible to anything that happens to her if she goes home alone?” asked James in his low voice that no one can resist.
“Are you sure there is no one she can stay with?” asked the doctor
Sam looked at James and he knew that she had someone, but he also knew that she wanted to stay there with him and their mom. “No, I’m all she has”
“Alright I guess she can stay here”
The doctor left the room and Sam went back to lie next to her mother when they got a phone call. “Hello? Who’s this?” asked James
“Hello is this James?” asked the mysterious voice.
“Yes, and this is?”
“This is Auntie Gemma”
“Oh hello, how did you hear about her?”
“I’m on her emergency call list and once they got her into the hospital, and found out who she was, the emergency room called me” replied Gemma.
“Oh, ok. Are you coming here? I need someone to watch over Sam” once he said that he heard a rustle coming from the bed looked over there and saw Sam glaring at him again.
“Yes, I’m coming down but only for 3 days, the prices of the planes go up everyday”
“Alright. When do you arrive?”
“Tomorrow, but I’ll take a cab to the hospital, ok”
“Ok, I’ll see you then. Good bye.”
“Bye.”
sweetkiss
Writing Whiz

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlite Knight on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:26 am

Nice story! I like it Smile There's good spelling and grammer, and the story line is pretty interesting.

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤~ Join the Kingdom of Darkness, or this shall be your fate.~¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·`¤
Moonlite Knight
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 2031

Points 2.0 : 469
Registration date : 2008-03-23

View user profile http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1221019/Moonlite_Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetkiss on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:11 pm

I've got over writers block!!!!! Its been 6 months since I've written a chapter on here... But I finally got it!! Sorry it took so long Rolling Eyes

Chapter 5: Relatives…
“Sam, Aunt Gemma is coming”
“Really! I haven’t seen her in like, forever!!” Sam was excited; it had to be over a year since the two of them had talked.
“She’s not going to be here till tomorrow. Will you be ok to stay at the hotel across the street with her for a few days?” James was afraid that she would say no, but Sam and Gemma were really close.
“Um, I’ll think about it”
“I was hoping you to say yes”
“Don’t get your hopes up”

Dr. Smithson entered the room with a big machine behind him, and two nurses were with him. “Hello children” Sam scowled at him once she herd child coming out of his mouth. Dr. Smithson returned the rude look “I’m going to run some testes on your mom. I need you to move” he said sternly
It took Sam a while to get up, but before she went to James she kissed her mother on the cheek and moved. Dr. Smithson put three wires on their mother’s chest. As they were doing so, Sam went to James and placed her head on his shoulder. “Is she ok?” asked Sam in a low whisper
“She will pull through, she’s strong!” James said grabbing his sister’s hand.
“Alright, I trust you”
Sam was holding James’ hand as tight as her hand would let her. Dr. Smithson was standing next to Emma when the heart monitor started to speed up, “She’s going into cardiac arrest, we need some help in here” He yelled out the door.
“What’s happening? Is she ok?” Sam asked jumping up and running to her mother’s side.
“Get here out of here” the doctor yelled
James ran up to his sister and pulled her out of the room; Sam was trying all she could to resist her brother “No James, I want to be in there!” Sam yelled
James got Sam out into the hall way and just held her close and tried to calm her; she tried to push him away but he was to strong, “Everything will be alright I assure you” he comforted.
James felt a spot on his chest start to get wet and he knew right away Sam was softly crying, “I love you mom” Sam’s voice was in a shaky whisper. Sam turned her head away from her mother’s hospital room. Sam didn't know what to do; she just wanted her mother to be alright. She held onto her brother as tight as she could, when she heard the heart monitor hit a single note, not moving from a straight line. James felt Sams body go limp in his arm; he slowly crouched to the floor and held Sam's shaking body. James couldn't hold his emotions anymore; James laid his head on his sister and started to cry.
sweetkiss
Writing Whiz

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Broken Heart on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:36 pm

I liked this update.. short.. but it's good =]

Broken Heart