Classroom G7 - Post 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classroom G7 - Post 1

Post by WritingInsomniac on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 am

I'm new here and it's late and I wanted to post this before i went to sleep. This is my first story posted so please go easy on me... I just started this one today! I've recently found myself a glee fanatic - but more for the music than the writing. I decided to write how I would've written glee had I been Mr. Murphy. It will eventually include most of season 1 songs from glee - it greatly enhances the reading if you listen to them at the appropriate times. any feedback will make you an angel in my mind! hopefully you enjoy! (the songs are hopefully italisized (sp?))

Classroom G7

hello to any unsuspecting readers! i have taken classroom g7 down for now as it is currently a third priority project. i want to let the idea form a bit more before i continue and i also have other stories i'd like to get going on.

the end for now! wish me luck in my sleeping endeavors!

Last edited by WritingInsomniac on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total
WritingInsomniac
Learned Writer

Female
Number of posts : 38

Points 2.0 : 59
Registration date : 2010-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Classroom G7 - Post 1

Post by WritingInsomniac on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:21 pm

even though no one has replied and it has something like 4 views i am posting the next chunk I did because it's fun! much like hazel i will take stuff down periodically.. though this has only been up for one day so i think i'm ok for now. (don't want that ryan murphy stealing my ideas!) if anyone's reading please enjoy! if not that's ok too.

like i said in the post previous.. taking down the story for now!

critiques welcomed and encouraged! more up later maybe..... I should probably do something else today though. and my eyes are starting to puff up a bit.. a sign i have been writing for too long too frequently. have a great day, please stand for the playing of O Canada! (if you went to my school it'd make sense.. i promise).

Last edited by WritingInsomniac on Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of story)
WritingInsomniac
Learned Writer

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Too much to critique at once! I'll go back and add critique of other portions later. So I read the first section. I think you have an interesting and enjoyable idea. A few things I would suggest is taking out the list at the top, I didn't even read it. Otherwise I thought the writing portion was well done. I was very skeptical of how the teacher talked to the student but I remembered that you like Glee and how those teachers talked to the students, and it all made better sense!

Hazel, the pizza eating, hand walking, inconspicuous ninja, who secretly enjoys eating ice cream while singing at the top of her lungs and dancing around like a maniac, has mega cool superpowers in which she will one day save the world that always seems to be in peril. That is her purpose in life.
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingInsomniac on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:38 am

ha sorry for the overload.. when i start writing something i have major issues with stopping writing once i start. sounds good with the list (it was actually more for me so I wouldn't forget the names I had chosen.. i wasn't sure how it'd work in the story). trust me i have thought very hard about the teacher/student talking thing. the ideal for this is to be turned into some sort of musical.. so i often find myself focussing on getting the songs in with certain lessons. you'll notice in the second portion there is less teacher simply because she's tough to write! another thing to note is my first priority now is to switch around the little dates at the top because they make almost no sense (again.. the second portion you'll probably notice this more). anyways... it's just a fun writing thing to stimulate my creative juices during the summer, thanks for the critiques it really helps to have an opinion that's not my own!
WritingInsomniac
Learned Writer

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 am

No worries I do the same thing! Unfortunately I crash and burn afterward before I can keep going again. Hopefully you won't do that. (knock on wood). And I totally know what you mean about other opinion. Of course I have a bias opinion on my own work haha.

Haha loved the last line in September 3rd Razz
I'm a little confused, is this an English competition or music competition? Sorry if I'm just being slow.
Everything seems to be happening so quickly, though I can't say if it's good or bad, I suppose it's just an observance.
I am now caught up. I think so far so good. I'd recommend a little more detail. Since it changes characters so quickly and I know nothing about any of the characters really, it is extremely hard to keep them all straight. And it also makes it hard for me to care about any of them since I just see them as a group instead of individuals.
Otherwise I find this a light, and humorous read! Razz

Hazel, the pizza eating, hand walking, inconspicuous ninja, who secretly enjoys eating ice cream while singing at the top of her lungs and dancing around like a maniac, has mega cool superpowers in which she will one day save the world that always seems to be in peril. That is her purpose in life.
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Post by WritingInsomniac on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:28 pm

hey hazel thanks again! haven't been able to write more as of yet Sad but i will definitely take your ideas into account.
1. its an english competition - pretty much when the students are telling what "they" would like to be doing for their story its illustrated with songs rather than them explaining.
2. about the things happening quickly - i've been worrying about that myself, it's partly intentional, partly unintentional. the intentional part is to illustrate how quickly people jump around from person-to-person in high school, and partly because there are certain parts i have in my head i really want to get to so i'm kind of rushing through this
3. character description - will do! I haven't been adding much description about minor characters because i'm not even sure what i'll do with them. the only ones I know are addison, jesse, charlotte, nadia, and liam but i will definitely give more descriptions about those. the others, for now, are just supposed to be little "fly on the wall" characters who offer commentary when it's needed. i will work on getting all my ducks in a row and then write more. thanks for the comments, always super helpful!
WritingInsomniac
Learned Writer

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down